Yes, you can!
1. God loves you and wants you to know Him personally.
And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. (John 17:3)
What blocks us from knowing God personally?
2. Man is sinful and separated from God, so we cannot know God personally. Man was originally created for the glory of God. (Isaiah 43:7)
But His original purpose was interrupted by sin. (Romans 3:10-12)
Now the sentence of death is over all men for all have sinned. (Romans 3:23)
For the wages of sin is death. (Romans 6:23)
And the sentence is already upon us. (John 3:18)
Is there a solution to this problem?
3. Jesus Christ is God’s answer for man’s sin. Through Him alone we can know God.
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)
What do we need to do?
4. We need to repent and believe. Repentance and faith involves a change of mind toward God; godly sorrow for our sin; and a change of direction from going my way to going God’s way.
The Lord is … not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
(2 Peter 3:9b)
… but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. (Luke 13:3b)
How can I receive Christ?
5. We place our trust (faith) in Jesus as our Savior and Lord, and then we can know God personally.
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God
For by grace you have been saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved…For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Romans 10:9, 13)
You can receive Christ right now by faith.
If the following prayer expresses the desire of your heart, you can be assured that your sins are forgiven, and you have entered into a personal relationship with God.
“Lord Jesus, I want to know You personally. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving me of my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of my life and make me the kind of person You want me to be.”
If you have questions or would like to talk to one of our Pastors, please give us a call at 253.857.6200 or use our “Contact” page.
We’re glad to answer your questions and help you in your search for God.